Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What happens in Vegas, ends up on my blog!

Ahhhh so me and Trang went to Las Vegas about two weekends ago, May 27-May 30 to be exact, and it was sooo fun!!! I'm glad we get along and get to go on trips together like this, because they're unbeatable. We mainly went for the UFC Fan Expo, which my cousin was DYING to go to, because Anderson Silva was going to be there. Her idol. Yep, pretty much. Well, the drive there (9 hours) was pretty long because I guess we didn't really know what to expect. We snacked on beef jerky, pretzels, chestnuts, the works, and almost... ALMOST ran out of gas because there wasn't a gas station to be found for fifty miles. That was scary. But man, when we reached the lights of Las Vegas, it was all worth it!!!! 

Until.... we saw our hotel. The infamous Gold Spike!!! It was only $45.99 per night, but boy did we get EXACTLY what we paid for! And not a penny more! The walls were super thin, there was no Wi-Fi, we were awoken each morning by either a) housekeeping rattling their buckets outside the door, b) the super loud army of Vietnamese people next door who don't know the meaning of an "inside voice", or c) what sounded like river dancing on our ceiling! Pretty awesome, right? It was all part of the experience though, I harbor no bitterness. It was actually pretty funny how miserable we were. Also, let's not forget how the plumbing went haywire on the second day and every time we flushed the toilet, it would re-emerge in our bathtub! So, I had to wash my hair in the sink that night... It was pretty hilarious. You kinda had to be there. Haha. 

The fan expo was pretty fun. Trang knew the lines would get really crazy, so we rented a wheelchair for me partly because I can't stand for too long and partly hoping to gain sympathy from the fighters and guarantee us all the autographs we wanted! It was kinda worth it, in the end. Junior Dos Santos and Anderson Silva both showed me lots of sympathy, and even stroked my head like I was a precious crippled child! We almost missed Anderson though, and my cousin would've been PISSED if that happened. But we just happened to be standing in the right place at the right time, because when he entered, he walked RIGHT in front of us! My cousin's jaw practically hit the floor and we promptly left the line we were standing in to follow Anderson Silva's entourage. We apparently got in the "fast pass" line (what was this, Disneyland??) and we were in the front, but they said only people with a "fast pass" could meet Anderson. And in order to obtain one of these passes, you had to pay $25 for a 6-pack of this nasty acai berry juice that we threw away afterward anyway. This juice was so gross. It looked like chocolate milk and tasted like super ripe berries. Blegh. Anyway, so we went up to meet Anderson, wheelchair and all, and he started to walk through the crowd toward us. He may as well have been Moses because that crowd parted like the Red Sea. He stroked my head and knelt down for a picture with me! Look!


The fan expo was from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the first day (Friday) and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, so afterward, we would go eat dinner at some exotic place that I would pick, and go hit the strip! The Las Vegas strip was amazing, and kinda bizarre, but what else would you come to Vegas to experience?? It was so fun!! The drive back was a breeze, and I'm so so glad we went! 

But, note to self, NEVER stay at a place called the Gold Spike ever again!

Watch our montage! It's basically our Vegas trip in a nutshell!

0 comments: