Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sunshine

It's a perfectly beautiful sunny day to end the snow blizzard that befell Huntsville just two days ago. Not that the snow wasn't beautiful and fun, but the overall mood was just dreary and wet. I feel like this sudden sunburst reflects my life right now, as corny and dramatic as that sounds. Last week was horrible, and this week was just the lift I needed to make up for it. This week was amazing, to say the least. Nothing extraordinary or life-altering transpired, but there was just a lot of joy and friendship to be experienced. Contentment is the greatest wealth.

You're probably super bored of hearing about my scleroderma, and I do not blame you, but I'll say it anyway. Another change I've experienced in myself partly by reading old blog entries is that I haven't had a poutful, whiney day in conjunction with being sick in a long time. And usually those come every couple of weeks or so. But nope! Who's a happy panda? Me.

I feel like so much growth has taken place in me over the past two years, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The empathy and perspective that has come out of this is priceless, and continues to better my life each and every day.

God works in mysterious ways. He really, really does.

0 comments: